Trend Awareness: The mule sandal

 


Well, since it is about to be the first day of March I thought I'd remind everyone of the latest comeback in fashion. Yes. The mule sandal, or those sandals that have no closure in the back and seem to be difficult and uncomfortable to walk into(speaking from personal experience of course). No seriously, when I first tried a pair of mules my feet were flapping as if I were wearing flip flops, most uncomfortable feeling and on top of that they were stiletto heels. What a bad combination and a mediocre shoe experience. But anyways, back then, around the late 90s early 2000s I've been seeing women(mostly high end woman) sporting the mule sandal, which by the way back then were hideous to me and I wanted absolutely nothing to do with it. And now that the style have seem to be modernized these days I am way more up for it. Up until now I've never quite understood the aesthetic of the mule sandal but now that I am way more mature and understanding I think I've gotten it down pack. Perhaps I'm ready to own my first pair? We'll see... What do you think of the mule sandal? Would you catch yourself sporting it?

10 Crosby Derek Lam
Alexander Wang
Fendi
Louis Vuitton
Sophia Webster
Mason Martin Margiela
Gianvito Rossi

Celine
Celine

Zara also have some very chic and affordable alternatives for under $130

$99.90

 $129.00
 $99.90
$99.90

And here's the ultimate #TBT 

Here are the shoes that I attempted to walk into a few years ago and FAILED. They were originally my cousin's.  Aside from that I thought they were hideous(still do).




No comments

Post a Comment

All photos owned by Daecery Cayetano. Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

© Dae One Style
Maira Gall