Beauty 101: 3 facial prodcuts that will help with oily/combination skin in the summer

 


If your face appears as if you are sweating when you really aren't, than you my friend have oily skin. And if your face appears as if you are sweating from the nose to forehead, when you really aren't, than you my friend have combination skin. So how do you take this "skin problem" and make it better? Well let me explain...

As a person with combination skin, it is best for you to avoid as much product as possible because the last thing you want to do is accidentally overwhelm your face with product and end up wiping some of it off with your hands(ew).  Also, you want to be very mindful of the quantity of product you choose to apply to your face day and night. A little really does go a long way.

Here's what works for me:

 Remember, your skin is oily, so it tends to attract much more dirt than dry skin. Never and I mean never forget to cleanse your skin in the morning and night. My personal preference is "Neutrogena's oil free deep clean cleanser". My skin cannot tolerate foam cleansers so I opt for cream. When you cleanse 2 times a day you will find your face feeling so much more fresh and not so overwhelmed by oil. This product is only $5.46 at Rite Aid pharmacy.


After cleansing your skin, make sure that you apply a mask made with ingredients to help control oily/combination skin. This Freeman facial mint and lemon clay mask does absolute wonders for oily skin! And for the price of $3.99 it really does the job well. Use this mask at least 4 times a week, preferably at night because you are less likely in a rush, so you can take your time treating your skin.


Since it is summer, play it safe and apply a dime size amount of sunscreen to your face. Again, my personal preference is Aveeno's protect and hydrate SPF 70 sunscreen. Another product that works wonders for me during the summer. I purchased this at Rite Aid for $11.99. Remember, a little goes a long way.

1 comment

  1. Next trip to Walmart, I'm getting these.

    ReplyDelete

All photos owned by Daecery Cayetano. Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

© Dae One Style
Maira Gall