Fashion experiment: Can you wear your prom dress again?



 Often times I see girls wear their prom dress on prom night and think, 'wow! they look stunning, it's sad that I won't see them in that dress again'. And nine times out of ten, I don't. Part of the reason why girls don't wear it is because it is either too extravagant to wear again or because they do not want to be caught dead repeating the same dress. There's nothing wrong with that! I purposely bought my dress so that I can wear it over and over again. But unlike most young teenagers, these thoughts don't surface the mind when thinking of purchasing a dress for prom. Can I change someone's mind today?

If you haven't already, Click Here to see my look for prom.

Outfit 1:

 I wanted to create the perfect mix of feminine and masculine. I figured pairing an over-sized grey sweater and a bomber jacket (originally from the guys section) would create a more boyish style. With those pairings, I used the fur detail and silver shoes to add femininity.

Dress: Missguided
Sweater: Sample Sale
Bomber Jacket: Topman
Shoes: Shoemint

Get a similar look!

Outfit 2:

With the second look, I was going for more of an edge by adding the color black and grey. Still balancing out such a feminine dress, I thought the structured jacket and boots would add that 'edgy' factor into the fit'. The turtle neck was just my personal preference; who doesn't love a turtle neck?! 

Jacket: Zara
Turtleneck: Target
Boots: Asos

Get a similar look!


Outfit 3:


For the last look, I went full on feminine, but I  did extra layering for the sake of the fall time weather. I thought adding the printed shirt would add a bit of an 'umph' to the outfit. I added the boots again so that it can help balance my dark grey coat.

Sweater: JC Penny
Button down: Thrift store
Boots: Asos
Coat: Forever21

Get a similar look!

What are your thoughts? Would you consider wearing your prom dress again?

6 comments

  1. Very creative . Too often we forget to recycle what we already have in our closet! :0)

    http://yourstyleroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm at a point in my life where i need to purchase items that offers versatility and longevity.

      Delete
  2. This look is rad!

    http://fridaynightstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow pretty! Try to visit www.robecart.com they have nice dresses and accessories too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally in love with this outfit! The colour fits you so well <3

    Eea
    www.eeapetrescu.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really creative!
    Unfortunately my prom dress is really just for prom !:/

    Konstantina || The girl with the dreamcather tattoo

    ReplyDelete

All photos owned by Daecery Cayetano. Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

© Dae One Style
Maira Gall