What does 'Personal Style' mean to you?



 Now that we've wrapped up the first week of the new year, let's start off with a fresh new discussion. You know, just to clarify any specific objections that were made before the new year started. Here's my question, have there been any fashion new year resolutions made as far as style and beauty? I sure did! But I won't get into that. Lets dig a little deeper by redefining the definition of 'style'. A few days ago I read an article on Fashionista.com which shared the editors new year style resolution (which is crazy because I was thinking of writing an article on that). I thought I'd go a little deeper by redefining the definition of personal style. What makes someone have their own personal style?

Personal style is something that everyone wants to find in within themselves. Its all about identity. What you feel comfortable in emotionally and physically all in the while making yourself stand out in an effortless manner. There is not a doubt in my mind that the key to finding your personal style is individuality. Be yourself. Not Kanye West, not Kim Kardashian, not Solange Knowles but yourself. It's also all about attitude. How do you carry yourself? Do you care? Do you not care? Emotions can also play a huge part in how you dress. With all of these aspects (and much more) I'd say the main avenue that will direct to finding your personal style is having your own brain. "Well Daecery, what do you mean by that?" said no one. I mean thinking your own unique thoughts by being your own eclectic self. Notice how some of today's fashion icons/household names in the industry have their own unique thoughts that have pushed the envelope and ultimately affected their personal style: Kanye West, Asap Rocky, Solange Knowles, Anna Dello Russo, Leandra Medine of The Man Repeller (she has become a household name, how could you not include her!), Azealia Banks, Eva Chen, Alexander Wang, Erykah Badu, Yasiin Bey (formally known as mos def) and so many more! These are people who we may look up to style wise but they are also incredibly intelligent and share thought provoking thoughts. I'll stop here... Let's continue the conversation! What does personal style mean to you? And are you making any changes to your personal style in 2015?

6 comments

  1. i don't know I'm thinking of adding more color to my wardrobe .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personal style is an interesting one. I guess for me it's about wearing what you like even if it makes you feel a bit uncomfortable. I always loved dresses but I always used to feel very overdressed if I wore them, so I stuck to jeans for a long time until I finally thought screw it. Now I wear dresses all the time.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely agree! Going outside your comfort zone can also be a huge aspect! It makes you a lot less predictable and more open minded :)

      Delete
  3. I love all of these outfits!You have great personal style!
    http://fashionnewsie.blogspot.com
    http://instagram.com/rachelpittman_

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree with you. Personal style isn't so much what you wear but how you use what you wear to express you identity--which is always evolving. What my style was at 16 and at 21 is nothing like what it is now. But at the same time, it's a sum of all the ideas and outfits I've picked up and discarded along the way. And it's fun. It should always be fun. xo
    http://greigemarket.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are some lovely outfit choises!:)
    Im so happy to see people imbrase their personal style insted of blindly following the current trends!
    If you are interested in a quest post I would be happy to contact me on konnaant@gmail.com!

    xx
    http://www.kmeetsstyle.com

    ReplyDelete

All photos owned by Daecery Cayetano. Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

© Dae One Style
Maira Gall