1967 Punk Rock




Anyone that knows me knows that my favorite decade of fashion is the late 60s-70s. The rising success of Rae Scremmurd "Black Beatles" song propelled me to create an outfit based on that rock star aesthetic and inspired by the original Beatles song "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds". Am I a huge fan of the rock genre? No. But I was well aware of the peak that it reached in 2006 when bands like Panic! At the Disco and All-American Rejects reached the top 100 charts; for that time period I enjoyed the rock genre very much.

Nonetheless, what I liked most about the late 60s, early 70s punk rock fashion was the use of giant fur coats, black netted tops, black leather bottoms, funky leather boots and the dangerous, free-spirited lifestyle that came along with it. As terrible as it sounds it was the drug fueled, sex crazed moments, the political movements and the music that went along with it that shaped the late 60s to early 70s. Good or bad, right or wrong, popular artists still carry on that lifestyle til' this day, but the fashion is still very prevalent.

What did you enjoy most about the early 60s, early 70s era?

Shop my look here!



No comments

Post a Comment

All photos owned by Daecery Cayetano. Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

© Dae One Style
Maira Gall